Friday, April 11, 2008

Get to know your Fellow Commuters: Part 4

....No, no, no. I said "caulk". I was talking about the advertisement with David Suzuki and his "caulk". I guess that did sound kind of funny.

***

This Friday afternoon is moving at the speed of continental drift (or a Molina brother, take your pick). 4 o'clock felt like three days ago. I'm in desperate need of something to occupy my mind for the next hour or so. If MLSE really wants to reach out to the fans they should have one of their teams, on a rotating basis, play a Friday afternoon game. It would engender much goodwill with the fans looking for something to get the clock moving at the end of the week. Even better they could have an extended intermission, between say 5:30 and 6:30 regardless of the sport, so we could watch the conclusion at home or at a local establishment with a beer in hand. At first glance it sounds a bit absurd but if you consider the PVR world we all live in it seems less ridiculous. Now that media can be consumed on an a la carte basis why not take the work out of it for your customers. This is starting to make more and more sense. I hope you're reading this Dick Peddie. I'll even let you take credit for the idea.

Oh, I almost forgot. I've got a couple more people to add to the "Get to know your fellow commuter" series. Ah screw it, I'll finish this on Monday...

No comments: