Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008: 10 years since 1998!

The new year welcomed us with a bitter, "freeze the snot in your nose" cold this morning. My face actually hurt at the conclusion of the twelve minute walk to the subway. The shift in the weather happened all very suddenly as last night was actually quite pleasant. I was even able to go for a run. In an attempt to force myself to exercise I set the somewhat arbitrary goal of running 100kms in January (cumulatively, not all at once). If successful I would up the target by 5k every month with the goal stretching to a realistically unachievable mark of 200k by November. By 2026 I will be running a marathon every day the very same year I turn 50! Pretty impressive, isn't it. I haven't decided whether or not to adjust the targets by the number of days in the month but let's cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now the over/under on how many months I reach my target is set at 1 with the smart money coming in heavily on the under. So far I've got 6 down and 94 to go. Hopefully I don't put myself in a position where I have to run to Brampton and back on the 31st as it'll be a Thursday and that's not a particularly scenic route...and I'd die.

Other than that I don't really have any restrictive resolutions for the new year. Instead I've decided to set some resolutions that will require no effort whatsoever. Firstly, no more Panda (except on vacation). Secondly, I will not swear....in Arabic or Farsi. Thirdly, no John Mayer concerts and finally, 2008 will be completely Sloe Gin-free (unless I'm forced to break my third resolution). Clean living will clearly be my mantra for this year. Let my sacrifices inspire and guide you each and every day.

1 comment:

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is