Tuesday, September 11, 2007

WWNW at 30: Tonight we're gonna party like it's late July 2007

It feels like just yesterday we began this adventure. I can't believe this marks my 30th column. Think back, if you will, to when this all got started. Some of you probably aren't old enough to remember those days when we would gather around the radio to listen to the news, perhaps while dancing the Charleston. While tonight is the gala celebration I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, the reader, for sticking with me throughout the ups and downs. Without you I would just be a crazy person talking to himself. If you were better looking I would have invited each and every one of you to the party.

The highlights from our first 30 columns are too numerous to mention. Where do I even start? How could we forget the time we staged the rally to make sure that Donna graduated even though she got drunk at the dance or the day we all pitched in to make the homecoming float only to have it ruined by Emily Valentine. We overcame her stalking and murderous rage with nothing more than teamwork and caring. That's something we should all be proud of. Then there were those days when we just went to the amusement park because the writers weren't prepared for the show to actually get picked up for a full season. Either that or they were just really hungover.

Anyways, as you can see by the photo the party is already in full swing. I should get going as Sen. Larry and Tedy Bruschi just arrived and I have to make sure they don't end up sitting at the same table, because...you know. I'll be back tomorrow as we start the next leg of our journey together. Until then, stay classy World.

1 comment:

Marty said...

I can't believe you FINALLY posted that photo of the time you stink-fingered Mindy Cohn.